Monday, November 06, 2006

Procrastinating

Procrastinating is always a dangerous activity....for instance, I have about a gazillion different things to be doing right now, but instead I'm updating my blog, because I don't feel like writing lesson plans, painting yet another coat on my room walls, doing any Christmas shopping, or creating any PowerPoint presentations. I also don't feel like making up the worksheets for tomorrow's 6th grade lesson on bibliographies, and I don't want to ponder yet again, what the heck I'm doing living at home. All of this stuff is swirling around in my head, and it gets rather tiresome. Despite that I utterly adore my job, I sometimes find myself either completely harried or bored out of my mind. It's always one extreme or the other...no balance yet. And being insanely busy I can handle. As long as there's something to occupy my mind and hands, I'm okay. It's the boredom I can't handle at all. What do I do with my Thursdays and Fridays? I know I should feel privileged to be able to afford to work 3 days a week and not starve...but I need something to fill the hours...'cuz painting my room, Bible study, and babysitting only gets me so far. So any ideas you have would be most welcome. For now, I should hunker down and just do my work for tomorrow so I get some semblance of sleep....

Other quick bites of news....I paid my library fines today from spring semester. Ironic, isn't it, that a school librarian has $52 in library fines at the local public library? Also, I got some good news about work, and it's big enough to make my entire month. It won't put a dent in my boredom at this point, but definitely for next year. So I still don't have much room to complain, and life is still generally good. Happiness rocks, doesn't it?

1 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey little cousin! I like the paint update in your room. just wanted to say HI and hope things are good, outside of the boredom. that's all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home