Saturday, October 07, 2006

Road trip!

I never thought I'd actually keep this thing up, but here are my thoughts of late anyway, in case anyone was wondering. :-)
....I'm on a road trip right now, in Seattle for a wedding. I discovered on Thursday that I don't particularly like flying, especially alone, and I really don't like long flights. Now that I'm here, I'm enjoying the time I get to spend with my friends, and I plan on partying a whole lot at the wedding. One drawback....I don't have any way of getting around Seattle. My friend, Mandi, and I had actually planned on renting a car, but a lot of last minute changes made that rather impossible. Long story. So anyways, I'm working on getting to the Space Needle at least, because what's the point of coming 3000 miles if you don't get to see the sights a bit? (Of course, the wedding is motivation enough, but why not do a little more?)
....The wedding is tonight, outside at a tennis club....a very classy affair that I've been looking forward to for months, regardless of the implication that another one of my friends will be married. It's not that I'm unhappy where I am, because truth be told, I haven't been this satisfied with my life since I was about 14. It's just difficult sometimes when you see everyone around you doing something you've had so little opportunity to do yourself. And regardless of the fact that everyone says "you have plenty of time," I can't help but thing that a lot of people don't need "plenty of time."
Romantically speaking, I'm still at the same place I was five years ago before I entered college, which is somewhat depressing at times. I'm in no hurry to get to the alter, and I'm truly happy for my dating/engaged/married friends, but weddings are always bittersweet occasions for me anyway. So I guess this little rant here is really just my reflection on being a single Christian in my 20's.
....Today's just a strange day. A good day, but strange. I'm sure anyone who reads this might think I'm just another lonely young woman, and I am at times, but I'm not going to let something like loneliness keep me down for too long. My life is full and good, and I have so much to be thankful for. God's been good, and I think maybe it's just best for me to focus on that fact right now. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home